Packing for your trip should be well-thought-of when it comes to preparing for travel. Yes, you should be including all your travel essentials but definitely not your whole wardrobe. Remember that too much baggage can make traveling expensive, especially when you’re going by plane. Avoid those extra luggage fees by downsizing your stuff — traveling light is also good money management. Also, this will be easier for you to move around the place. This article will show you travel hacks on how to pack light.
1. Downsizing Your Luggage
● One important thing to remember is to limit the number of bags that you will bring. The more bags that you carry around, the heavier your travel would feel. If you are going away for a few days, you could at least try to fit all your things in one suitcase or a backpack. If your trip is a bit longer, limit your bags to two. Don’t spread your things in multiple suitcases if it is not necessary and rather just bring one fully packed bag.
● One full suitcase would be more practical than bringing around multiple bags. Not only it can spare your credit card from another expense, but it would also be easier for you to go from one place to another. If you could fit all of your things in one carry on bag, then better.
● If you are shopping for your luggage, look for a size that you think all of your things can fit. Then, choose a suitcase or bag one size down. This will make you more efficient and selective when it comes to choosing the things that you will bring.
● Also, make sure you choose a lightweight suitcase. Don’t pack your things in a heavy, hard suitcase unless you are carrying an expensive electronics or fragile equipment on your trip. Suitcases or bags with soft, thin sides are used for packing clothes, toiletries and shoes. These types of luggage are lighter and easier to carry.
2. Packing Efficiently
● One hack to efficient packing is to write down your itinerary. List down all the places that you will go to, such as restaurants, tourist attractions, and what you will do during your free time. Knowing all of these will give you an idea of what clothes or items to bring.
● Making a checklist on what you will need to pack is always necessary. Include items such as shoes, clothes, toiletries. Doing so can help you avoid forgetting important things to bring. It can also save you from having to swipe your credit card for extra baggage. So stick with your list!
3. Downsizing Your Travel Wardrobe
● Always check the weather few days or a day before you leave. If the majority of your stay will be all sunshine and warm weather, then you don’t have to bring heavy sweaters or a bulky rain jacket. If you are worried that the weather could drastically change, keep in mind that you could always borrow or buy a cheap one at your destination. Now, if the weather is all rain, try to bring an unopened poncho rather than a bulky rain jacket. It can save you a lot of space in your bag.
Conclusion: Traveling light does not only make your trip easier. It will also help you stick to your budget. As a result, you may end up saving and not having to worry about your credit card bills, or spending a lot from your travel investment money.
Based on Materials from Wiki How
Photo Sources: Porapak Apichodilok, Nappy, Lum3n.com